Monday 11 July 2016

Why I Went Cruelty Free | Cosmetics


I recently decided to clear out all my make-up/products that are tested on animals, purchasing only cruelty-free, vegan products from now on. I have wanted to make this change for a while now as I am very passionate about living an ethical lifestyle in all contexts, and I no longer want to support such industries.
 
Previously, I turned a blind eye to animal testing because I never really wanted to face the reality of the situation, however after having done a lot of research these past few weeks, I believe it is something that I don't want to ignore anymore. Although I completely respect anyone's views, I would like to raise awareness and encourage others to educate themselves also, as I feel like there's so much more to the industry than meets the eye.
 
I used to believe that British cosmetics were cruelty free since animal testing for cosmetic purposes is illegal in the UK (Medical testing is legal), however there are many loopholes that companies take advantage of and therefore many of your favourite brands probably test on animals - as I quickly discovered! I won't go into all of the different technicalities of these loopholes, however I would strongly advise anyone who is interested to research it for themselves.
 
I've decided to share with you some of the cruelty-free brands (available in the UK) that I have found out about through my own personal research, I am confident that all brands I mention are vegan however if I have made a mistake, please let me know in the comments so I can rectify it for both myself and other's who read this post.
 
Cruelty Free Brands in the UK:
 
The Body Shop
Lush
Superdrug's own brand
Barry M
Urban Decay
Burts Bees (some products aren't vegan due to honey)
NYX
Agave
Hourglass
Two Faced
Tarte
Bars
OCC
Bare Minerals
Anastasia
IT Cosmetics
Elf
Wet and Wild
Original Source
Good things
100% Pure
NARS
Smashbox
 
These are only a few of the cruelty-free brands available in the UK, but I hope this helps anyone who is interested in making this change to their lifestyle too.
 
Tegan x

No comments:

Post a Comment